High Fiber | Low Fat | Vegan | Vegetarian | Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Kid Friendly
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yield: 6 Servings
You Will Need
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 32 oz. low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, white, or kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp cilantro or parsley, freshly chopped
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onion and carrot. Cook about 2-4 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the garlic, cumin and paprika. Stir to coat onion and carrot and cook till fragrant.
- Add the lettuce, sweet potato, canned tomatoes with their juices, and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and let simmer until potatoes are tender. (approx. 20 min.)
- Once the potatoes are tender, stir in the drained beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowls garnished with some fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
Got a recipe to share?
Send us your best Full Cart recipes and you could get featured!