Low Sodium | Vegetarian | Kid Friendly
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 16 Servings
You Will Need
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup + 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 325°F.
- Grease an 8×8 inch square pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and boil over medium-high heat for 15-20 min. or until very soft.
- Strain potatoes into a colander and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a whisk or wooden spoon, stir to combine.
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooled, add them to a blender and blend until smooth (or use a potato masher).
- Place 3⁄4 cup blended sweet potato in large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Stir and continue to heat in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until it is thin and smooth.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla to the sweet potato and combine.
- Pour flour mixture over the sweet potato mixture and stir until combined.
- Using a spatula fold in the chocolate chips and pour mixture into the 8×8 pan and smooth the top.
- Bake on the center rack for 20 minutes.
- Let cool. Once cooled cut into 16 pieces and enjoy.
Got a recipe to share?
Send us your best Full Cart recipes and you could get featured!