High Fiber | Vegetarian | Gluten Free | Kid Friendly
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 4 Servings
You Will Need
- 2 lbs carrots, wash, peel and cut in a approx. 1⁄2 inch chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 2 tsp green onions (optional)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp parsley, cilantro, or dill (optional)
Spice It Up
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
Sweeten It Up
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and a pepper to taste. (If you are spicing it up add spices now.)
- Toss until the carrots are lightly coated then arrange them in a single layer.
- Roast until caramelized on edges and easily pierced through with the tip of a knife. About 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway.
- If making sweet version: While carrots are roasting, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Once melted, whisk in honey and keep warm over low heat. Once carrots are cooked, drizzle over and toss to coat.
- Place in a serving bowl and toss with any combination of fresh herbs.
Got a recipe to share?
Send us your best Full Cart recipes and you could get featured!