Sugar Conscious | Kid Friendly | Vegetarian
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Yield: 6 Servings
You Will Need
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1⁄2 inch cubes
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat milk
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (8oz) package pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil in a separate saucepan, combine squash, stock and milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork (Approx. 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Using a potato masher, mash the squash with the milk and stock.
- Add nutmeg, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta, transfer to a large bowl and stir in squash mixture, cheddar cheese and 2 tbsps of parmesan.
- Coat a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and pour in noodle mixture.
- In a small bowl combine panko breadcrumbs, remaining parmesan and olive oil, stir to combine.
- Sprinkle evenly over pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 min.
- Remove foil and continue to bake until lightly browned and crisp on top for 20-30 minutes. Serve warm.
Got a recipe to share?
Send us your best Full Cart recipes and you could get featured!