Quinoa is a protein that contains all nine essential amino acids. Light and fluffy in texture with the ability to fill people up. Perfect for a large meal or great for reheating as leftovers.
Prep Time: >5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 4-6 Servings
You Will Need
- ½ or ¾ cup of White Quinoa
- 2 cups of water for every cup of quinoa
- ½ cup quinoa = 1 cup water
- ¾ cup quinoa = 1 ½ cup water
- Rinse quinoa in strainer under running water until water runs clear
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot
- Add salt to water to taste
- Add quinoa, reduce to medium heat and cover
- Simmer the grains until water is completely absorbed (about 15 to 20 minutes)
- Fluff with fork, add seasonings or toppings and serve
Got a recipe to share?
Share your recipe on Facebook for a chance to be featured!