The flavor combination of apples, nuts and cinnamon make these bars irresistible!
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yield: 16 Servings
You Will Need
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Apple
- 1 Cup Sifted All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 2 Tsps Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×9 inch pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of white sugar with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture until just combined, then stir in the apples and walnuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the top of the bars.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes in the oven; finished bars should spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pan and cut into squares.
Got a recipe to share?
Send us your best Full Cart recipes and you could get featured!